Sunday, February 21, 2010

No more gall bladder!!!

For those of you who want to know, or even care, I had a successful removal of my gall bladder.  I'm somewhat sore, but not nearly as sore as I was when I had my hernia surgery several years ago.  They made four incisions...  One in or around my belly button (that one hurts pretty good), one just under and to the right of my sternum (that incision hurts the least), and then two small ones on the right side below my right ribs.  The ones on the right are annoying as heck because I can't sleep on my right side, which is my favorite side to sleep on and they are pretty sore.

As far as drugs are concerned, I had some morphine in the hospital, a Lortab type thing, and a couple of Percocets, but that's it.  The rest of the time I've had Tylenol.  I may revert to the Percocets tonight to see if I can get some sleep.  I'm sleeping, just not as good as I would like to sleep.

No comments: