Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Toyota

With all the publicity about the recent Toyota recalls, you would think that people are panicing and dumping their Toyotas.  Maybe that is the case.  Maybe there are people who are dumping their cars for "American" made cars.  Maybe.  There will always be sheep that are driven into a panic.

I've had a few Toyota products over the years.  I have a model that is currently affected by one or more of Toyota's recalls.  And you know what?  I'm not worried about it.  I haven't taken the car in for any of the recalls.  My first Toyota got rear-ended.  The impact was incredibly forceful resulting in a total loss, but in the end, my wife and oldest daughter walked away from the accident unharmed.  You can't put a price on that kind of protection.

The Toyota I currently have is a well made car.  And in the end, I think my Toyota will outlast any other "American" car out there.  No car company in the world is perfect.  There will be recalls.  In the end, Toyota will take care of their customers, the problems will get resolved, and the problems will blow by.  And customers will return to Toyota because of their value and quality.  There will be some short-term brand issues, but I think it will all blow by and be forgotten like presidential campaign promises.

No comments: