Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Married, but single

Strange posting, I know. That is the only way I can describe my current situation. I'm married. Heck, I'm married with half a dozen kids. But yet I live alone in a 700 square foot condo in Silicon Valley hundreds of miles away from my family. I have a sister that is married. She lives in Texas. Her husband lives in California. They see each other about once a month or so. Now I understand to a small degree how she lives her life. I don't care for it much. I prefer my six noisy kids and my beautiful wife to solitude. Solitude will come with time when the children move away and I become older and (hopefully) wiser. Then it will be my wife and I. The children probably will not be gone until 2022 or 2027. That's a long time away.

Today was my first day on the phones. I took three calls in a three hour period of time and I closed two of those three calls. It was a good day. I'm glad to be here and contributing to the cause.

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Whoa. I guess it's been awhile since I dropped in on your blog. I had no clue you had a new job.
So, are you back home yet? Do tell. I hope you've enjoyed it and it's all been worth it.
Oh, and as someone who's been admiring your photos every since you sent me a set of that snowstorm in Barcelona in about '82, I think it's really cool that you sold a couple of photos.

Tom said...

I'm still in California. I'll be home shortly, although not short enough.

I've been busy. The stress level is fairly high. I'm looking forward to working from home. If I look at my paycheck, I'll tell you its worth it. But ask me in 6 - 12 months if its worth it. I may have a different answer.

Thanks about the photos. You always wonder what they are used for. Probably end up in a photography book on how NOT to take pics. I have a photo of my son that I would like to publish. But I'm afraid he'll end up on a funny birthday card.