Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Blind Side - Who blind sided me?

My wife and I had an early Valentine's date on Friday.  We found a theater that was still showing The Blind Side about Michael Oher.  We have tried to see it once or twice before, but it was always sold out.  We have heard that it was a great movie, but I left my expectations at the door.  I have had high expectations for movies in the past and those expectations have been crushed as the movie never reached my expectations.  So I just wanted to go, sit back and relax and take in the movie.

The movie is simply awesome.  Probably one of the best movies that I have seen in a really, really, really long time.  And Sandra Bullock.....  What a performance.  I wish she could play parts like that all the time.  She gave a fantastic performance in the movie, probably the best performance I have ever seen her do in any of her movies.  The movie is up for best picture and Ms. Bullock is up for Best Performance for an Actress in a leading role.  I hope they both win Oscars.  It has been a long time since a movie like this has won an academy award for best picture.  I have not seen Avatar, but I would not be surprised if the blue creature movie gets best picture.

Thinking about the movie some more, I want to thank the Tuohy family for sharing their story.  The world needs more people like the Tuohy's who are willing to open their home to those less fortunate.  The story makes me want to be a better person and help those who are in need.

Anyway, if you want a good movie to see, look for The Blind Side.  It will not disappoint.

No comments: