Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Did I really see that movie?

Yesterday I had the day off work and the kids were out of school.  So we decided to go to the dollar movie and take in a cheap movie.  The 12:45 showing of the Fantastic Mr. Fox was sold out, so we went to the 2:45 movie.  We had lunch at one of the local fast food joints before going in.

Frankly, I was quite underwhelmed by the movie.  My oldest daughter said, "That was the stupidest movie I've ever seen.  It was even dumber than Napoleon Dynamite!"  The humor was Sahara Desert dry.  It really was not what I was expecting.  It is stop action animation, kind of like Chicken Run.  I thoroughly enjoyed Chicken Run, but I didn't care much for the Fantastic Mr. Fox.  I suppose that Mr. Fox is one of those movies that may or could grow on you.  But if I ever show that movie again in my house, I'm sure I'd be lynched, quartered and then burned before an improper burial.  Like I said, I'm glad we saw this at the dollar movie.  It cost me all of $6 to go to the movie.  I guess that's more expensive than a DVD rental, but we got out of the house for a few hours.

No comments: