Thursday, February 18, 2010

Surgery tomorrow

I've been suffering with a poorly functioning gall bladder for quite some time.  I got a diagnosis that it has to come out (it has a 9% ejection fraction, meaning it is barely working) back in January.  With work and everything, I'm finally able to get it taken out.  I have a few sniffles (I think the onset of a cold may be trying to derail my surgery), but the surgeon and hospital told me to still come.  They'll make the call tomorrow if I'm fit or not.

For those that want to know, I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM.  I'm the first person getting worked on, I think.  I asked for the first time slot and it looks like I've got it.  Which is fine.  It means I have to get up early, but it also means that I will hopefully get to come home some time in the afternoon.

If by some strange and weird chance I don't make it back (gall bladder surgery is very routine and low risk), its been good knowing you.  Take care of the wife and kidlins.

I'll post something once I'm home and all is well.

No comments: